The online voting for the 3rd BeerBartender Awards ended on Wednesday March 2nd 2016 and the winners were announced during a special event, dedicated to the Greek brewing business, held at Zappeion Megaron.
The voting was open to consumers and professionals from Greece and abroad, who voted for their favorite beers, breweries as well as companies and rewarded the best with their vote. With over one thousand (1000) votes, there was nearly a 23% increase from last year. The age of the majority of voters was the 26-35 age group. Most participants took part in the voting through social media, something that confirms the continued growth of the digital channels both on the part of the voters as well as the brewing companies, which promoted their participation by inviting their fans, by means of various posts, to support them with their vote.
The winners of the twelve (12) categories are the following:
- Greek Brewery: Olympic Brewery
- Greek Microbrewery: Septem Microbrewery
- Greek Beer Company: V.S. Karoulias
- Import Company: V.S. Karoulias
- Beer Label (Packaging): Septem Lava
- New Emerging Beer: Septem 8th Day
- Cider (Cider): Strongbow
- Beer E-Shop: Beer-Shop.gr
- TV Spot [New Category]: Fix Hellas «Who can compare with you!”
- Homebrew Shop [New Category]: Beer & Deli
- Specialty Beer [New Category]: Volkan Grey
- Beer produced abroad [New Category]: Odyssey Red
At the 3rd BeerBartender Awards event were present people from, importing companies, breweries, microbreweries, public relations firms representing the industry as well as reputable journalists